The City of Sydney is seeking expressions of interest for the Art & About Sydney 2017/18 program
WHAT IS ART & ABOUT?
- Art in unusual places.
- Artists rethinking and temporarily reshaping city spaces.
- It can happen anywhere at anytime.
- It is for everyone.
Art & About Sydney is a continuous program and as such they are now looking for work that can take place from July 2017 onwards all over Sydney
WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?
They are looking for big ideas that temporarily transform public and unusual spaces in the City of Sydney’s local area, wishing to engage, involve and inspire Sydneysiders, and therefore they seek creative projects that share this aim.
Ideas and proposals from all art disciplines are welcome including but not limited to visual artists, curators, performers, collectives, filmmakers, musicians, writers, composers, theatre companies, storytellers, producers, choreographers, architects, designers and anyone with a big creative idea that meets the creative brief.
Applications close at 5pm (AEDT) on Friday 10 March 2017.
THE BRIEF – PROJECTS AND INSTALLATIONS
They are looking for projects and installations that are:
- temporary works presented in a public or unusual space
- demonstrate artistic excellence
- involve or engage the audience in its development/presentation or both.
They are particularly interested in projects/works that focus on the following:
- participatory and immersive
- site specific/responsive
- storytelling/remixing history
- performance & live music
- street art/murals
- emerging artists & companies building their capacity
Selected works will be realised from July 2017 onwards.
A number of projects will be supported, valued between $10,000 – $85,000. Budgets for the installation/project are to cover all costs for the presentation of the artwork.
If your project is shortlisted, the City may pay the artist/organisation a fee of $1,000 (plus GST if applicable) to refine the project proposal if necessary.
All submissions must be made via the online form HERE
To complete the form you will need the following:
- contact details
- artist/s team bio or CVs
- artwork statement (250 words maximum) describing the artwork/project concept
- artist impression/concept drawing of the proposed work/project
- an indicative budget
- preferred presentation period from July 2017 onwards.
HOW WILL PROJECTS BE EVALUATED?
Proposals will be evaluated according but not limited to:
- creative approach
- use of public/unusual space
- calibre/experience of artist/s/team
- audience engagement/experience
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
Approximate timeframes are as follows:
- Stage 1:
- Expressions of interest close – 5pm (AEDT) Friday 10 March 2017
- Stage 2:
- Shortlisted project proposals due – Wednesday 28 April 2017
- Stage 3:
- Selected artists notified – May 2017
LOCATIONS OF WORKS
Art & About projects can take place anywhere within the City’s local area, for example, Hyde Park north and south, Martin Place, Pitt Street Mall, Customs House Square, Alfred Street, Wynyard Park, Queens Square, Sydney Square and Sydney Park. You can review maps of our local area and further information on our major parks and venues.
They are also happy to work with artists to investigate securing location approvals from private property owners. Other locations can be proposed and discussed with the City if your application is shortlisted.
CLOSES: 5PM (AEDT) FRIDAY 10 MARCH 2017
02 9265 9449
Featured Image and content above courtesy of Art & About